cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ramsdale" <jefe...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Future build (was RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:27:55 GMT
> >I expect the average new Cocoon user is also a Windows user
> (though I could be wrong). So why are the snapshots not in .zip format?
> >

> FYI: WinZip supports tar.gz files just fine.

That may be (and I suspected as much), but WinZip would be another download
for a user who just wants to try out Cocoon. Also, Windows at some point
(ME?) picked up the ability to unzip files natively so many users will think
since they can deal with .zip files with no problem that the lack of a .zip
file on the Cocoon site is a slight (intentional or otherwise). ME's .zip
handling does not extend to tar.gz files.

> - Miles Elam

Jeff