cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ramsdale" <jefe...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Future build (was RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1)
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 05:10:27 GMT

> Because there are too big for download and waste broandband ;)

Versus downloading from CVS, which was the suggestion from the initial
fictitious conversation I posted?

> >> FYI: WinZip supports tar.gz files just fine.
> >>

> > With WinXP, most people (meaning at least me) don't bother with WinZip
> > because XP has .zip support built in.  Of course I do have to resort to
> > Cygwin for tar.gz or even tar.bz2 files--but that's just me.
>
> Please join "THE GPL CLUB" in this arena ;) When I need to go down to the
> Windows world I use  7-zip - http://www.7-zip.org/ for the task you sadi
> above.
>
> <from-the-website>
> Supported formats: 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and
> DEB
> </from-the-website>
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo

Asking a user to download and install another software package is out of the
question. They have perfectly capable .zip functionality already on their
system. We provide a .zip file for the latest distribution, why night the
nightly snapshot?

Jeff