cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ramsdale" <jefe...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: OXF rebuttal
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:43:04 GMT
Chiming in on Stefano's comments...

I think Erik and Orbeon deserve credit for accepting this list's corrections
and updating their page. And don't forget that they have every right to sell
their product and support services. It might be worth occasionally looking
at OXF and saying, "Yeah, that's a good feature--we should add that to
Cocoon." Clearly they've looked at Cocoon in developing their feature
set--surely it would be pure arrogance to think they are incapable of
developing their own good ideas. Competition is good for innovation! And
finally, ultimately Cocoon doesn't really HAVE to compete because there's no
money on the line for us if someone chooses OXF instead, so no worries...

Cheers,

Jeff

<snip>