cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ramsdale" <jefe...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Future build (was RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:25:13 GMT
> >If all the cool features that users want to play with are in the HEAD via
> >Subversion, you might think about easing the path to entry for the new
> >user...
> >

> Ain't this (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/cocoon-2.1/) easy enough? :)
>
> Vadim

For a moment I was going to acquiesce, but then I realized no, that's not
easy enough.

I expect the average new Cocoon user is also a Windows user (though I could
be wrong). So why are the snapshots not in .zip format?

A Linux user is more likely to be familiar and comfortable with CVS and/or
Subversion and won't need the snapshot. Perhaps we should put up .zip
snapshots as well and compare download rates on the two formats?

Jeff