cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Toper" <nto...@jouve.fr>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Proposal a new OJB block
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:51:17 GMT
thanks for your answer.

I hope they do the license change quick :=) b/c hibernate as a cocoon block
would be great

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Upayavira [mailto:uv@upaya.co.uk]
Envoyé : vendredi 26 septembre 2003 10:52
À : dev@cocoon.apache.org
Objet : Re: [VOTE] Proposal a new OJB block

Nicolas Toper wrote:

>why don't we use hibernate?

Because it is LGPLd, and we cannot have LGPL code in our CVS repository.

Someone did mention getting the hibernate guys to change their licence,
and IIRC suggested that they were prepared to do so. If someone did get
them to adopt a BSD style licence, we would be able to include it in a
'persistence' block, which would be great.

Regards, Upayavira