cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:43:41 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > Yes, this is easy for each second, but what when I want to schedule the
> > job, let's say every 5 seconds or every 80 minutes?
>
> You don't know cron, don't you?

No, and the expert I ask, suggested to write 0,5,10,... * * * *   :)

> every 5 second: */5 * * * *
> every 80 minutes: hmm... how's going to schedule a periodic job every 80
> minutes (dumb example :-)?

:), so it's a hard one, isn't it? Ok, it can be written as a cron
configuration
e.g. if you use two triggers (or three). But I want to have an easy way of
configuring it, which means I want to say 80 minutes. If someone (a
UtilClass)
is able to create a cron configuration out of it, I'm fine :)

> Have a look at
> http://quartz.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/quartz/CronTrigger.html
> for more details.

I would love to, but it is - for any reason - not accessible from here right
now - only the tutorial. And there I found the periodic trigger :)

Carsten