cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Portal] how to load a coplet before an other ?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:42:02 GMT
Olivier Billard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My question would suit also the dev-list, so I repost it.
> Sorry if it's noise for you...
>
> My app is composed mainly of a left menu and a main page. Each of
> it is a coplet.
> Using flowscript, the main page modifies a file, which is parsed
> to render the left menu.
> Is it possible to prioriterize (a new word ?) the load of the coplets ?
>
> In final words I want to load the main page, _then_ the left
> menu... But the structure of
> the portal layout (menu definition, then main page) seems to
> control the rendering order...

Well, the answer is simply: you can't control the order. The layout
defines the order but that's nothing you can rely on :)

If you are using the new portal engine (not the portal-fw block), than
you can solve your problem by using events (perhaps at least).
The process of "generating" the portal is done in two steps: first
step all events are processed, this includes request parameter handling,
handling the info posted by the client etc. If you now send an
event to your main page to modify whatever has to be done, this
happens before the rendering.
And the rendering is the second step.

HTH
Carsten