cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cron Block [was [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1]
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:46:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote, On 04/09/2003 11.16:
> > Le Jeudi, 4 sep 2003, à 11:12 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> >
> >> ...b) convert the scratchpad to a block (this would also solve the
> >> problem
> >> with the two velocity jars).
> >
> > Very good idea, you got my +1.
>
> ScratchpadBlock! Well, in reality not everything can usually be made
> into a block. Sometimes the scratchpad would have classes that will not
> be able to be hooked *on* Cocoon but will *enhance* the core.
>
> So I don't think that removing the scratchpad altogether is necessary.
>
> Big +1 though at putting all the blockable things that are now in the
> scratchpad in a scratchpad block, and it also helps in making the build
> more consistent with the fact that they will become blocks anyway.

Ok, I have it running on my harddisk now :) I removed the complete
scratchpad
and converted it into a block (and had to fix some dependency problems as
well, sigh).
Anyway, we currently treat the scratchpad as a block, it's an own jar etc.,
so making a block out of makes the build system easier and solves the other
issues mentioned above.

If noone objects, I will commit my changes later on.

Carsten