cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cron Block [was [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1]
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:37:54 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> Uh, didn't know we already have dependencies on the Cornerstone
> scheduler. Yes, found it. The RefresherImpl. The problem with scratchpad
> is that it conceptually belongs to the core, and probably so the
> RefresherImpl.
>
> Should the cron (or maybe better Scheduler?) belong to the core as well?
Hmm, I think some code in the scratchpad will later on not belong to the
core but end up in an own block, like the RefresherImpl.

> > So, there are two simple solutions:
> > a) move the cron block into the scratchpad
>
> This would mean 'move it to the core' IMO
>
> > b) convert the scratchpad to a block (this would also solve the problem
> > with the two velocity jars).
>
> We loose the ability to have a playground for core stuff, right?

Hmm, not really. Currently the scratchpad is actually treated like a
block; there is now difference except that the directory is located
at a different place.

I have all the changes on my disk and made a block out of the scratchpad.
I'm currently testing and *could* if noone objects commit it.

Carsten