cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [Ann] New Documentation Structure
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:14:34 GMT
Hi Team,

we have been talking recently about our marketing strategy for Cocoon.
Now, I think one major advantage other projects have is their good
documentation. Often people don't choose a project because of the
technical value but because of a good documentation.

So, in the last days I refactored our documentation a little bit
and updated some sections. It now looks a little bit like a real
manual. We have a lot of documentation but it's spread all over
the place and is not really good structured.

You can see this documentation in CVS in the xdocs/userguide
directory. It contains all the docs from xdocs/userdocs,
xdocs/developing and the performance-tips in a restructured way.
So I copied all the docs and edited some of them.

It is only a beginning to show the difference. I will try and update
the sections one after the other in the next weeks.

Please have a look at it and tell me, if this new version can replace
the old userdocs/developing sections. If yes, I would remove the old
dirs and rename the userguide to userdocs.

PS: It might be that some links are not correct in the new version,
but they can be fixed easily.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG