cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:38:59 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > > Since we decided that we don't like creating new repositories
> > > nor CVS branches, I assume this will be the last release in
> > > the 2.1.x series?
> >
> > If this doesn't mean that we wait another 18 months or so
> > until releasing 2.2 ... ;)
>
> more seriously: How do we deal with bugfix releases in the future if we
> don't have a branch or another repository?

I'm really tired of discussing this (it's not your fault, Reinhard).

I suggested again and again to start a new repository for 2.2 (which is
equivalent
to starting a 2.2 branch - or a 2.1.x branch), but I always got the reply
"let's see if we really need 2.2, let's stick to 2.1 for now." Now, only
5 days later people ask for it.
So, if someone feels that our current approach is wrong, start a new thread;
I will not do it.
BTW, each release is tagged and we can always create a maintainance branch
afterwards - but that wouldn't be the way we decided to use the cvs months
ago...

Carsten