cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/components readme.txt
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 05:56:48 GMT

Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> This is really juicy Carsten! A huge step ahead for mission-critical
> Cocoon applications, I've skimmed the readme and it looks definitely
> neat. Thanks!
>
> A couple of quick questions:
>
> 1. does your implementation update the expires parameters? From a quick
> look at the code I'm not sure that it implements the following use case:
>
> - admin sets an expires of 1 day;
> - user hits a resource;
> - admin changes expires to 1 hour;
> - user hits a resource.
>
> what will be the expires value in cache?
Yes, you're right - it's not updated. The expires value is still 1 day
until it expires. From that on it's one hour.

> 2. I've seen that the mod_expires syntax has gone away. Wouldn't it be
> the case to keep it, at least for backward compatibility (not to mention
> that it's faster to write "1 day 2 hours" rather than 93600.

Hmm, yes - I didn't use the syntax because you have to specify "now" or
"access" in front which I personally don't like. But without that, yes
your suggestion makes sense, so +1.

> Anyway, really good job. :-)

Thanks!

Carsten