cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hochsteger Andreas /INFO-MA <Andreas.Hochste...@oeamtc.at>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.1 Authentication Bug? *Please* Help
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:53:33 GMT
Hi Sylvain!

[snip]

> How do you replicate your Active Directory structure and at
> which frequency? Are the \
> information always up-to-date?

As we just store the authentication data in OpenLDAP there is no need to
keep the data always up-to-date.
The personal data of the employees are in the MySQL db automatically
available through a daily replication of the customer DB.

Replication from Active Directory might be once a day.
Later we can replicate the Password just after it has been changed.
This would allow our employees to use the new password in the Web directly
after changing it in the Active Directory.

I have to tell you again:
This is nothing we have proved to work.
We are just in the planning stage and implementation has not yet begun.
But perhaps we can learn from each other here ;-)

One note about replication of passwords from Active Directory to OpenLDAP:
I read that there is no easy way to replicate the passwords directly.
A search on google should bring some articles on that issue.

> Regards
> Sylvain

Bye,
	Andreas