cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject "Remove" problems with the Woody sample
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 11:39:05 GMT
This is about the "Bean Binding" sample on the Woody samples page, and the
"Remove" option of the Contacts on this page.
(Cocoon version: 2.1.2, one day after the release of 2.1.1)

1)
If I have more than one Contact (e.g. by adding the lines
    contact = new Packages.org.apache.cocoon.woody.samples.Contact();
    contact.setId("2");
    contact.setFirstName("Hugo");
    bean.addContact(contact);
to the "form2bean" function in "binding_example.js"),
I cannot delete more than one at a time. When I check two Contacts, Click on
"Remove selected contacts", then only one of them is removed.

2)
The Contacts are not removed from the ArrayList. By the Remove option, all
relevant keys of the Contact are set to null, so you will never see it again
in this context.  But the item is not removed from the list. This is a
problem if you have a persistence framework flushing the list to hard disk
(zombie records in your database).

I checked the Woody source. I guess it must be the JXPath removePath() in
DeleteNodeJXPathBinding.java.
What is this removePath() supposed to do?

Hugo