cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Olson <...@myadguys.com>
Subject RE: How to change the location of cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:23:49 GMT
from a cvs perspective, we keep all of our xsl, plus the root sitemap and
subsitemap, in its own module.  it's important to our development process to
keep the xsl & xmaps separate from the application code since it's two
different groups of people who do the work.
very unfortunately, we had to hardcode absolute paths into our xconf and
root xmap, which limits our server configuration options.
i feel that better flexibility for the sitemap location is a worthwhile
goal, but i'm not sure how to accomplish that.  i sure wish java read
environment variables...
if the xconf could replace a token with a system property, then we could get
an environment variable tucked into tomcat's system properties...
i'd write a patch if someone could point me in the right direction.