cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:11:45 GMT

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 15:57 Europe/Rome, Timothy Larson wrote:

> Development would proceed roughly like this:
>
> Step 1:
>   cocoon-2.1
>     Contains its own blocks
>   cocoon-2.2
>     Retrieves blocks from cocoon-2.1
>   cocoon-blocks
>     Empty or non-existent
>
> Step 2:
>   cocoon-2.1
>     Contains its own blocks
>     Learns to retrieve additional blocks from cocoon-blocks
>   cocoon-2.2
>     Retrieves blocks from cocoon-2.1
>     Learns to retrieve additional blocks from cocoon-blocks
>   cocoon-blocks
>     Contains blocks markedup with version compatibility information
>     Some community review setup for contributed blocks
>
> Step 3:
>   cocoon-2.1
>     Retrieves blocks from cocoon-blocks
>   cocoon-2.2
>     Retrieves blocks from from cocoon-blocks
>   cocoon-blocks
>     Contains blocks markedup with version compatibility information
>     Some community review setup for contributed blocks

That's a possible scenario of various phases, yes.

but I don't think that cocoon-2.1 will ever be able to work with real
blocks (that's not what we plan to do), so step 3 is unlikely to happen
for cocoon-2.1

As for cocoon-blocks and how it works, as I said in my previous email,
I don't want to think about it just yet.

--
Stefano.