cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:03:06 GMT
Le Vendredi, 19 sep 2003, à 23:14 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
écrit :

> On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 19:31 Europe/Rome, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> From: Bertrand Delacretaz
>>
>>> Le Jeudi, 18 sep 2003, à 21:09 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a écrit
>>> :

>>> there arguments
>>>
>>> I think loading classes directly via new (as opposed to factories +
>>> interfaces) should be discouraged as much as possible, as it creates
>>> unnecessary coupling.
>>>
>>> Depending on the classloading mechanisms that are implemented,
>>> selective filtering of what is allowed could be implemented easily I
>>> think [1].
>>>
>>> Do you have examples where direct instantation via "new" is required?
>>
>> e.g. line 341 in the HTMLGenerator
>>
>>    throw new ProcessingException("Exception in
>> HTMLGenerator.generate()",e);
>>
>> (org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException)
>>
>> How can I do this in the generator in the future?
>
> Of course!

Obviously - but still, do you want to let blocks access all public core
classes openly?

Event if it's no needed right away, I think being able to filter this
classloading from blocks to core should be planned for in the design
(but maybe it is already?).

-Bertrand