cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:42:23 GMT
Le Jeudi, 18 sep 2003, à 21:09 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :

> ...I understand that I can't load a class from another block. My
> question:
> Is it possible to load classes from "Cocoon core" (whatever we will
> consider as core) from within my block via "new" or are there arguments
> against it?...

I think loading classes directly via new (as opposed to factories +
interfaces) should be discouraged as much as possible, as it creates
unnecessary coupling.

Depending on the classloading mechanisms that are implemented,
selective filtering of what is allowed could be implemented easily I
think [1].

Do you have examples where direct instantation via "new" is required?

-Bertrand

[1] see discussion of a FirewallClassLoader in
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/articles/AdvancedClassLoading/
article.html