cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Performance Block
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:21:36 GMT
Le Dimanche, 28 sep 2003, à 16:28 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a écrit
:
> ...Following all those considerations I want to propose the creation
> of a
> new "performance" block that is ready to use for load tests - it should
> contain:
>
>  - one or more sample applications following Cocoon design patterns
>  - performance optimized Cocoon configuration
>  - JMeter integration
>  - new Ant build target that creates all necessary things
>    to run a test within the user's environment:
>    * container (Jetty)
>    * application
>    * JMeter including the test script

Wouldn't it be possible to include JMeter scripts in each block where
one wants to test performance?

Then, the performance block could find out which blocks are ready for
performance testing and allow any of them to be tested.

Would be more useful than "just" testing one or two sample apps IMHO.

>  ... and the user can enter
>  - how much memory he wants to provide for the test
>  - the number of concurrent users
>  - the duration
>  and the cocoon.xconf, the various pool sizes and the settings
>  for the JVM are set accordingly...

Sounds good but the tester should also be warned that there is more to
Cocoon tuning than just setting available memory.

-Bertrand