cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OXF rebuttal
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:56:25 GMT

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 01:16 Europe/Rome, Roger I Martin PhD wrote:

> Some things are beyond one company to achieve in one life time.

Roger,

while I understand that you might have felt insulted by their marketing
action, I would suggest you to avoid being confrontational.

This is exactly what they are looking for to show what kind of people
you get when you deal with those open source. It's like the DoS attack
on SCO: does more harm to open source than to SCO (and Eric Raymond
asked to stop it exactly for that).

Like I said before: no matter what they write, if it isn't true, it
fires back on them. And if they compare to us, it means they fear us or
customers avoid buying their software because of cocoon.

It does *NOT* matter whether or not that page is fair to us or not. We
do not need those pages to be fair, we need *tons* of unfair pages of
commercial products that try to compete with us, because that shows our
success more than anything else.

Just ignore them and keep the focus.

Take care.

--