cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Ant/Maven/Centipede discussion
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:12:57 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> [...]

But that only covers sources located inside the cocoon source tree. What about developers
that want to create their own  blocks? As it is now the only way to do that is to put them
into the cocoon source tree, edit the Gump descriptor, etc. How would you achieve that these
third party blocks to be project managed in any acceptable way - such as putting them into
some CVS module of their own or at least away from the cocoon source tree - ? Somehow there
needs to be some kind of plugin or ant add-on that will also work without having to invoke
cocoons specific build script. Or maybe you imply to say that any machine you wish to develop
a cocoon block on be outfitted with an installed cocoon instance just to build the project?

The way I have been able to develop seperate blocks has been to create a custom Maven plugin
that simulates some of the tasks that are defined in the cocoon block build system, such as
patching configuration files and sitemaps, copying resources, etc. Surely this is something
that cocoon lacks atm.

-Unico-