cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:27:45 GMT
Le Mardi, 23 sep 2003, à 16:31 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit
:
> ...The system I outlined above seems really nice, but, IMO, has a few
> serious drawbacks:
>
>  1) it requires a central authorithy of certification
>  2) it creates an incredible amount of friction..

Right. Nightmares in the making ;-)

> ...I propose a much simpler scheme. A block can be:
>
>  1) certified
>  2) not certified
>
> A certified block is said to be guaranteed by the certifier (not only
> the Apache Cocoon project, but any organization willing to certify
> their blocks) that this block is usable in production and will be
> maintained in the future.
>
> In short, it's safe.

Sounds good - it might be hard to decide whether to certify some of the
current blocks which are simple but depend on external libraries on
which the Cocoon team has no control, though.

But this is way better than the current status anyway.

-Bertrand