cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Right procedure for rebuilding a block??
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:13:13 GMT
> ...So, I went and did a few modifications to relevant source files
> under blocks/jxforms and I'm not sure
> how to compile just that.   So I rebuilt all Cocoon and then I
> substituted the newly generated  "cocoon-jxforms-block.jar"

It might be easier to test your changes by starting Cocoon with the
"cocoon.sh servlet" command (or cocoon.bat) after the build. This uses
the built-in (light) version of Jetty and is much more independent from
your environment and from previous builds.

Maybe do a "build clean" at some point as well.

> ...The logs in Tomcat show these exceptions:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServiceableGenerator...

Most probably, the CVS version that you're using for the build has
changed since you built your jars, and your tomcat installation is out
of sync.
Testing the whole thing as described above should help.

-Bertrand