cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Future build (was RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:31:45 GMT
Berin Loritsch dijo:
> Miles Elam wrote:
>> Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
>>
>>> I expect the average new Cocoon user is also a Windows user (though I
>>>  could be wrong). So why are the snapshots not in .zip format?

Because there are too big for download and waste broandband ;)

>> FYI: WinZip supports tar.gz files just fine.
>>

> With WinXP, most people (meaning at least me) don't bother with WinZip
> because XP has .zip support built in.  Of course I do have to resort to
> Cygwin for tar.gz or even tar.bz2 files--but that's just me.

Please join "THE GPL CLUB" in this arena ;) When I need to go down to the
Windows world I use  7-zip - http://www.7-zip.org/ for the task you sadi
above.

<from-the-website>
Supported formats: 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and
DEB
</from-the-website>

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo