cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant/Maven/Centipede discussion
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:48:23 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> "duplication" is percieved issue, nobody yet mentioned that in "real
> life" (tm) single installation of ant simply won't work. Remember, that
> ant picks up all the libraries in the $ANT_HOME/lib folder, and in order
> for build to work, lots of people add additional libraries there: junit,
> httpunit, xmluntil, anteater, etc, etc, etc. Now, imagine all the
> hurdles users will have to endure to make sure that they have all the
> necessary jars in all the necessary places.
>
> Next step. Imagine that user uses more than one project on the same box
> with the same ant... And it requires some different version of some
> different third party ant add-on...

Huh?  You lost me here.  There is this little thing called a <path>
element, and certain tags like javac and junit except a <classpath> that
refers to the predefined <path> element.  Guess what--you can include it
from there...  But maybe that's just my machine.

Anyhoo, since I am the odd man out, I will shut up now and let you guys
get back to your regularly scheduled program....

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin