cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:08:40 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 10:47 Europe/Rome, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

> <snipped>discussion on build infrastructure</snipped>

>>>seconded!
>>
>>are you (or Berin) volunteering? [again, not caustic, just curious]
>

> Well, as my time permits it and Berin could give a hand as well, why
> not.
>
> But first we need to come to a consensus about which build
> infrastructure we would support to use:
>
> 1) Ant
>      in this case we can use the current build system and tune it to the
>      needs we have for the 2.2 and maybe add some ruper task to get rid
>      of jars in our repository (suggested by Nicola Ken IIRC) and some
>      more for modularisation ease
>
> 2) Centipede
>      in this case I could not volunteer as I'm out of Centipede since
>      their move from Cents to Antlibs (we still have some customer
>      project using a Cents based version of it but they will never move
>      to Antlibs)
>
> 3) Maven
>      ATM this is my preferred build infrastructure and I could help
>      building the 2.2 repo based on it
>
> Please show your preferences (if you don't have a clue about Maven
> and/or Centipede have a look at their sites at http://maven.apache.org
> and http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/ respectively)

If I were to do it: Maven.  I have been able to get it to work, and it
does the job really well.  Anything else, and I wouldn't be able to lend
hand due to ignorance, or the avoidance of pain.  I.e. for ANT, it would
be the avoidance of pain and for Centipede it would be ignorance.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin