cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:51:32 GMT

Having been though the process of setting up Maven for several projects
- and during the process experienced the evolution form Maven 0.7 to the
current 0.10, I can confirm that Maven in its current form is usable and
functional.

There are bugs in the Maven 10 release, many of which have been resolved
under the imminent beta 11/RC1.  There are also a number of defensive
practices that can be employed to minimise problems.  There are several
examples of maven based builds in Avalon - the Framework 4.1.5 release,
the recently released Avalon Meta 1.1 package, a number of recently
converted Excalibur packages (i18n 1.1 and configuration and 1.1), and
the new Merlin 3.0 container release.  These collectively represent a
total of more than 40 maven subprojects consolidated under 5 parent
project.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell