cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: The granularity of continuations
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:05:53 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

> Now back to the syntactic problem. I digged a bit and found the
> definition of the Scheme continuation at [1]. And although Rhino's
> continuations may follow that of Scheme, I see no real possible
> comparison between the respective syntaxes :
> - Scheme's "call/cc" passes the continuation to its single parameter
> which is a procedure and executes this procedure. And the continuation
> (AFAIU) captures the state at its invocation point and not the state
> of the enclosing function.
> - Rhino's "new Continuation()" captures the continuation of the
> enclosing function call and returns it, without further processing.

Update: after thinking further, I understand how Rhino and Scheme
syntaxes relate. Rhino's function in which "new Continuation()" is
called is actually the equivalent to the argument of call/cc.

But IMO this only enforces the fact that we don't *create* a
continuation, but just *get* that of the enclosing function.

Sylvain