cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:59:37 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Well, as my time permits it and Berin could give a hand as well, why
> not.
>
> But first we need to come to a consensus about which build
> infrastructure we would support to use:
>
> 1) Ant
>      in this case we can use the current build system and tune it to the
>      needs we have for the 2.2 and maybe add some ruper task to get rid
>      of jars in our repository (suggested by Nicola Ken IIRC) and some
>      more for modularisation ease

IMO Ant is inflexible in general and adding flexibility (e.g. by using
parameterized antcall) slows down the build process.

> 2) Centipede
>      in this case I could not volunteer as I'm out of Centipede since
>      their move from Cents to Antlibs (we still have some customer
>      project using a Cents based version of it but they will never move
>      to Antlibs)

Can not evaluate it.

> 3) Maven
>      ATM this is my preferred build infrastructure and I could help
>      building the 2.2 repo based on it

Heard interesting things it (besides the opinion that there is nearly no
documentation ;-) ), so +1 from here too. Jelly/Maven seem to bring the
necessary flexibility into Ant.

Joerg