cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Woody Event handlers are isolated !
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:40:19 GMT
Ramy Mamdouh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The new woody event handling looks really promising, but I'm concerned
> with the listeners being isolated from the rest of the application.
>
> Is there any way we can provide the listeners with, say, the
> ServiceManager and some logger (the avalon life cycle stuff maybe)?
>
> or maybe with the 'cocoon' object that's available from the javascript?
>
> What do you think about this issue?

That's exactly what I plan to do now ;-)

I want to introduce in Woody the pattern I used in the TreeProcessor :
each widget definition and each listener will go through the Avalon
lifecycle.

For JavaScript listeners, the I'd like to provide the "cocoon" object,
with the exception that sendPage() and sendPageAndWait() won't be
available. And if the form is called by a flowscript, also make the
global variables (i.e. the session scope) available.

Sylvain