cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/linotype/samples/scripts editor.js
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:13:43 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> I mean that after commenting out this part I can use my favorite key
>>> combinations -- Ctrl + LeftArrow, Ctrl + RightArrow, which allow
>>> cursor to jump one word left / right.
>>>
>>> AFAIU, this code snippet does not work under mozilla (I guess it
>>> throws an exception which is ignored in catch block -- and FIXME on
>>> line 73 talks exactly about it as well), and as linotype works under
>>> mozilla only ("midas", right?), it kind of does not make sense. Let
>>> me know if I miss anything, it is easy to uncomment this code back.
>>
>> on macosx, apple+leftarrow does back and you end up loosing all your
>> content.
>>
>> I think that's the reason why I turned it off... althought I don't
>> think it was related with ctrl... hmmm,
>
> On non-macosx, this will be alt+arrows. I patched script to ignore
> apple+arrows and alt+arrows. Don't know about ctrl+[ ctrl+] and apple+[
> apple+] so it is commented out.

DOH!  I just last night applied that patch for IE which involved nearly
every line and had to be reviewed by hand because of conflicts, pseudo
conflicts and my inability to make eclipse or "patch" recognize that
patch (even a "fixed" version Klaus emailed me off list).

Can you see if you can apply it there? I want to test this thing and get
it in if it holds up.  IMHO linotype is not going to get adopted in
appreciable numbers until it supports IE.

Geoff