cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject ContinuationLocal (was Re: Flowscript problem?)
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:28:25 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Sylvain Wallez
between continuations : when the value is fetched, crawl up the continuation tree up to a
point where a value exists, and when the value is set, attach it only to the forthcoming continuation
(not to the latest one, as it may be the root of a continuation subtree).
>>>Sounds good! This would be the feature Francis is asking for, wouldn't it?
>>Yes, and it would allow to "pay the cost" for this behaviour only when it's really
>Do you already have an idea how to implement this? This means digging
>into rhino-continuations, doesn't it?

I wasn't thinking of implementing this so deeply in the language, since
it would require an additional keyword in place of "var"
("continuation_var" or "transient var" ?).

If we follow the ThrealLocal example, this is just a regular class. And
its implementation would impact only (as far as I can say now) the
continuation stuff in Cooon.

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message