cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal a new OJB block
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:26:55 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> hi:
>
> Please vote about this proposal:

Antonio,

there's no need to vote in order for you to add code into CVS. Just go
ahead and commit. :-)

This said, this is not a vote but a few questions:

1. I still don't see why it shouldn't be part of the database block. I
understand that dealing with databases directly (manual SQL) or through
a persistence layer is somewhat different, but then again, with the
_current_ blocks, I don't quite see the need for "balkanization" of
database handling stuff;

2. in case such need exists, I'd rather see a "persistence" block with a
set of different implementations (OJB being just one of those).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino