cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Remove FormHandler? (was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/apples/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/apples/samples
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:24:31 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> Carsten,
> Fixed, and committing...
> Motivation: Thx to the woody-event changes from Sylvain this sample
> can in fact remove all references to the (now old)FormHandler.

Yep. +1 !!

> on a related matter:
> I really would remove the class alltogether as it would trigger
> additional compile errors maybe in early adopters' apps resulting in
> people changing to the new way of event-handling sooner rather then
> later. (already pre 2.1.2 that is :-))

I left FormHandler for the sake of compatibility, but I agree that it
should be removed ASAP if we agree that this is no more the way to go.

> Or if this triggers an avalance of "Hey this and that isn't working
> any more" -mails then it might even yield the use-case(s) (see
> code-comments) we are looking for ;-)

Do you mean knowing what people use FormHandler for, giving us some
input to define some new reactive widgets such as <repeater-action> ?

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message