cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Logging/Reporting in the CLI
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:48:51 GMT
I've been planning to extend the xml broken links file creation to
report a lot more, for example which uris were generated, which uris
were skipped, how big the pages were, etc, etc.

I started wondering, which is more useful: to have the CLI create its
own report file, or to just use the standard Cocoon logging.

Because, presumably, with the Avalon logging code, the user could (to
some extent at least) configure it to display information how they want.
For example, if I used different logging categories for each kind of
information, e.g. bean.generation.broken for broken links,
bean.generation.success for successfully created links.

Which is better? A CLI specific report file, or Avalon logging?

If the latter, can someone tell me how to switch dynamically between
logging categories? (As you'll see from my code, I've never really
grappled with logging, and really don't know how to work with it yet).

Regards, Upayavira