cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject CVS + Tunneling + Commit Messages
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:16:25 GMT
Hi gang,

I've been working to get SSH tunneled CVS working and I am currently
using the following setup:

Windows 2000
Win32 version of CVS command-line
Putty with an SSH tunnel setup to cvs.apache.org:2401

My CVSROOT is set to ':pserver:tony@localhost:/home/cvs'

I can checkout, update, commit things just fine, and it appears that the
tunnel is working correctly.  However, when I commit something, the
message does not seem to be hitting the list.  I suspect one of the
following:

1) I am not actually doing anything wrong, or
2) My strange setup is causing the mail to not go out,
3) The cvs list is lagged

Usually when you setup the tunnel, you use the CVS_RSH variable, along
with the cygwin version of SSH, and an :ext: server instead of pserver,
but since I don't have the command-line version of SSH (just putty)
installed, this should still work.

Thoughts?

Tony