cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:15:58 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> Contrast that with the parts that were ported over to use Maven, or
>>> the GUIApp
>>> project (http://d-haven.org).  A world of difference.  No longer is
>>> there any
>>> question about what is needed where.  No longer is there a need to
>>> have JARs
>>> locally in the repository.  No longer is there a need to have a 13 MB
>>> download
>>> for a full distributable.  Not to mention, it makes it easier to find
>>> out what
>>> exactly is a dependency and what is dead weight.
>>

>> seconded!
>

> are you (or Berin) volunteering? [again, not caustic, just curious]

:O WHat me volunteer?

Maybe I should learn to keep my mouth shut.  ;P

Seriously though, between Giacomo and I the build infrastructure would
not be too hard to set up.  In fact, we can get it started in parallel
to what is currently there.  When all are satisfied with the results,
we remove the old build system.

So when and where do we start on 2.2?  (As I asked before with Fortress
integration)....

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin