cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:20:17 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>>> Do bear in mind that Maven downloads a number of things itself the first
>>> time you use it.  Avalon (Framework) has very few dependencies itself
>>

> Does it then cache that locally, so that next time it needs it, it has it?

Absolutely.  There are two things to note:

* If you depend on a "SNAPSHOT" JAR file, Maven will always attempt to download
   a newer version.

* If you want to bypass that feature add the "-e" parameter to tell Maven not
   to expect a network connection.  It won't try to download anything.

> I do a lot of Cocoon development without a 'net connection, so relying
> on a 'download' feature would be a real pain.

Not a problem.

> Regards, Upayavira

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin