cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation RequestGenerator.java
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:47:54 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> Ok, convinced. I will revert it and add it to the other mentioned
> generators.
>
>> Furthermore, the ContentHandler.startElement() doc says (see [1]) that
>> xmlns:* attributes are only added if the
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces-prefixes feature is true.
>

> This refers only to the /global/ namespace declarations. The
> namespaced elements will be also correct, if they have a qname
> consisting of prefix and local name and the namespace uri set. If I
> now interpret it correctly the prefix mapping will avoid the namespace
> declaration on every element.

The qname is also optional and related to the same "namespace-prefixes"
feature to be true, meaning in most cases, you may only have namespace
URI and local name.

Most of the code in AbstractTextSerializer is related to an old Xalan
bug (may have been fixed now) which _required_ the qname to be present
to correctly serialize.

Sylvain