cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation RequestGenerator.java
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:35:29 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 00:55, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>>http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=namespaces
>>
>>"In addition to those events [correctly used startElement() and
>>endElement], SAX2 reports the scope of Namespace declarations using the
>>startPrefixMapping and endPrefixMapping methods, so that applications
>>can resolve prefixes in attribute values or character data if necessary."
>>
>>=> Prefix mappings are not really needed. And it works too :-)
>
> Hmm, I interpret the quoted text differently: it says "SAX2 reports..."
> and not "SAX2 might or could report ...". There could be transformers
> down the pipe that depend on this.

I'm not sure, could be possible if there is a bad transformer ...
I grepped for 'startPrefixMapping' in Cocoon sources and found it really
often, but not all generators have it, e.g. the XMidiGenerator and the
DirectoryGenerator. For the second one I removed it 3 months ago, nobody
complained until now. (It's difficult to search for something that is not
there :-) )

Maybe we should give it a try. It makes the handling cleaner and should
avoid /unnecessary/ mapping, so Cocoon also gains on the performance level.

Any comments?

Joerg

--
System Development