cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Barzilai Spinak <bar...@internet.com.uy>
Subject Right procedure for rebuilding a block??
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:01:17 GMT
A couple of weeks ago I posted a question about adding a "selectBoolean"
tag to JXForms and
the response I got was basically "you do it".
So, I went and did a few modifications to relevant source files under
blocks/jxforms and I'm not sure
how to compile just that.   So I rebuilt all Cocoon and then I
substituted the newly generated  "cocoon-jxforms-block.jar"
file in place of the old one (yes, I did a backup copy :-)
Now, after I restart Tomcat, Cocoon doesn't work. Any request into the
/cocoon  webapp just returns empty.
Not even the Cocoon home page works.
The modifications I made were very minor, just a shy first attempt. No
syntax errors, everything compiled right, and it was
in a couple of files belonging to blocks/jxforms like I said above.
So... evidently I don't have a clue about what I'm doing and whoever
wrote JXForms could add this feature in 20 minutes
but nobody has identified himself as such.
The logs in Tomcat show these exceptions:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/cocoon/generation/ServiceableGenerator
but I'm not sure whether they are related.

Is there anything I'm missing?  Is there an easy way to compile just the
modified block?

BarZ

ADSL para estar en internet las 24 horas a máxima velocidad
	          y sin ocupar el teléfono.
http://www.internet.com.uy                   Tel. 707.42.52