cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: OXF rebuttal
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:17:29 GMT
Hi!

Additionally I'd like to say - even if nobody want's to speak it out -
that Erik has shown that he does take the Cocoon community seriously by
being open to correct the comparison matrix (and already has done so:
http://www.orbeon.com/oxf/cocoon).

What companies do with their business is only at their own
responsibility and I think we should be friendly to those doing some
marketing for us (good or bad) rather then be confrontational. As
Stefano said, it doesn't really matter.

We don't need to hide and if a company has a reason to do something
similar like cocoon, they might have a good reason to do so (e.g. lack
of an important feature or completely different architecture). It's
their decision, if they extend Cocoon or write their own solution and
it's their right to compare it just to show why they did something else.

Come on, we all know, that Cocoon isn't the solution for everything and
we should be above such things and should allow others to point out our
weak points (even if misunderstood). That's the only way we can make it
better or correct the statement by providing accurate documentation to
prevent misunderstandings in the future.

Just my € 0.02.

Bye,
	Andreas