cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Event handling in Woody
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:47:04 GMT
Hi all,

A short post to say that I've been working intensively on event handling
on Woody since yesterday. I'm nearly finished with it, and obtained
something powerful-yet-simple, that allows to define event handlers on
actions (ActionEvent) and fields (ValueChangeEvent). The goal is also to
allow event listeners to be written both in Java (classic-style) and in
JavaScript (flowscript-style).

This morning, I was reading an article about JavaServerFaces (never did
look at it before), digged a bit, and discovered that what I was doing
was very close to JSF event handling, and grabbed some interesting
points. Digged further, and found the lifecycle thing very interesting,
and once again close to the way Woody handles form processing. Parts of
the JSF are not so bad and can be a good inspiration source ;-)

Once this infrastructure is in place, I plan to write specialized
repeater-actions that automatically handle add/delete row in repeaters.

More soon...

Sylvain