cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [shameless plug] Let's GetTogether
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:03:08 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> I'm writing this because the more we are, the more fun we get and the
>> more cocoon will grow and the more fun we can get in the future.
>
> Gee, thanks, Stefano. That was a pleasant surprise. :-)

Yes, very pleasant !!

<snip/>

> - my personal pet-peeve-worry is that _users_ of Cocoon are afraid to
> register since they fear the GT is for hard-core-geeks- or
> committers-only. I urge you to take a look at the program, and change
> that perception (if it exists at all). As many people told me last
> year: they learned more about Cocoon during that one day, than by
> spending a year on the mailing lists.

Yep. I even remember last year of people coming to the GetTogether
because they wanted to know what Cocoon was and who where its
developpers and users.

As for the presentations, mine (see [1]) will be based on the FlowScript
and Woody material I use when giving Cocoon trainings to people
discovering the basics. So no fear to have about geek-level
presentations : there won't be any.

However, those who want hardcore geek talks can come to the hackaton on
6th (see [2]), but the 7th is definitely for users.

Sylvain

[1] http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2003/sessions.html#sylvain
[2] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GT2003Hackathon