cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:36:38 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> I propose Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen to be Cocoon committers.
>>
>> They have both been contributing lots of stuff and discussion
>> on both cocoon-dev and cocoon-users since mid-2002.
>

> +1 for both -- welcome!

I'd just like to thank everybody for the votes, and especially David for the proposal.  I
was very
surprised, pleased, humbled, and of course honored when I learned of David's plot to nominate
me
(And Antonio, welcome!) for committership.  Truly a surprise.

Anyway, if you're curious, I have a mini-bio up at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TonyCollen which has lived there for a while.  I'd
just like
to add a little history, too.

I originally joined the mailing lists as a result of a project at my old job, where one of
the
architects had suggested we use Cocoon for the frontend.  It was a funny coincidence, because
I had
been exploring different technologies after being big into the PHP development side of things,
and
had somehow gravitated towards Cocoon.  I lurked for quite a bit, but eventually I warmed
up to
posting regularly on the list -- it makes me wonder how many lurkers we have on this list
:)

In the past 9 months or so, circumstances had changed, and so did my job.  I was heartbroken
learn that just as my skills in Cocoon were needed, I had to change jobs.  Fortunately, the
Cocooon
community is always here regardless of what my job is, which is why I love contributing.

Regards,
Tony