cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Vote] Antonio Gallardo and Tony Collen as Cocoon committers
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:52:00 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=de&noframes=0&query=ausgleichend&service=&optword=1&optcase=1&opterrors=0&optpro=0&self=1

> or
>
> http://dict.leo.org/?search=ausgleichend
>
> Both know "compensational". What's the correct word?

The word I would choose to use to express the quality of someone who "to
arbitrates between parties" is 'harmonising'. They actively work to
bring about harmony between people. From a Buddhist perspective,
'harmonising speech' is a quality that will build community, by bringing
people together. I like the word 'harmonising' because it suggests that
this is an activity that needs to be done continuously. You can always
have more, or deeper, harmony.

Hope that's not too off-topic!

Regards, Upayavira