cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:39:50 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>>Avalon Phoenix uses the words "assembly" and "provide" instead of
>>>"wiring" and "connection", which I quite like (I mean the assembly &
>>>provide).
>>
>>I don't quite see where these terms would be used - can you explain a
>>little more?  Maybe a proposed set of changes to the example above?
>
> Yep. I meant that the connection tag would become provide:
>  <provide
> name="external-skin">cob:yetanothercompany.com/skins/fancy/1.2.2</provide>

I think of the "provide" verb as applying more the the block.xml
configuration (which isn't yet on the table).  The wiring.xml describes
not what a block provides, but which services provided by other blocks
plug in to its named dependencies.  OTOH, I guess the block manager
could be seen as "providing" the solution to the named dependency...

> And the wiring.xml would be called assembly.xml
>
> OTOH, I'm meanwhile becoming accustomed to the wiring and connection
> terms, so let's leave it as wiring and connection for now.

Ok, sounds good.

Geoff