cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Woody multi page forms] was Re: cvs commit:cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascriptwoody.js
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:54:57 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> BTW that flowscript code was written with the intention of supporting
> multi-page Woody forms with automated back/forward navigation as in
> JXForms. However, when I looked into implementing this I discovered
> that Woody forms cannot be presented in multiple pages because
> apparently the entire form is "submitted" with each request. As a
> result the fields that are not presented in the first page fail
> validation because they have no values. Or am I missing something?

No, you got it right : Woody always validates the whole form.

> In addition, the "validator" function in show() was not intended to
> return a value. I did that originally simply because it wasn't
> possible to programatically add validation errors to the form widgets
> themselves at the time it was written (not sure if that's still the case).

It is possible now, as I added access to the real widgets in order to do
this. But problem is that the form is not informed of this "manual"
validation, and therefore there must be a way for the validator function
to express this.

Another way could be for the validator to set an "invalidate" property
on the form. Don't know...

Sylvain