cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject [Woody multi page forms] was Re: cvs commit:cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascriptwoody.js
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:36:06 GMT
BTW that flowscript code was written with the intention of supporting
multi-page Woody forms with automated back/forward navigation as in
JXForms. However, when I looked into implementing this I discovered that
Woody forms cannot be presented in multiple pages because apparently the
entire form is "submitted" with each request. As a result the fields
that are not presented in the first page fail validation because they
have no values. Or am I missing something?

In addition, the "validator" function in show() was not intended to
return a value. I did that originally simply because it wasn't possible
to programatically add validation errors to the form widgets themselves
at the time it was written (not sure if that's still the case).

Chris