cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: New protocol for in-memory resources
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:16:46 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Tuomo L wrote:
>
>> It would be convinient,
>> if one could use a protocolthat defines a source (FilePart) located
>> in memory.
>> This could be for example: "multipart://foo.zip" . Then it would
>> be possible to extract that in-memory zip-file to the target-dir.
>>
>> Is this possible already, or am I going to wrong direction here?

You know that you can access files inside zip using jar: protocol, right?

> This is not possible today, but really is the right direction, and
> would be a valuable addition.

Wouldn't it be too much strain on system's resources (read: memory) in
production environment (with the exception of light uses like
departamental server) to render this feature useless? I agree though
that it might be actually convinient.

Just wondering, ;-)

PS Do we have TraversableInspectableRestrictableZipSource?

Vadim